MANY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT HEALTHY
- 125M Americans have a chronic disease that is preventable through lifestyle modification.
- 60% of Canadian adults have at least one chronic disease.
- In the US, 1/3 of adults are overweight, and another 1/3 are obese.
- Only 15% of Canadian adults achieve the recommended level of physical activity.
CHRONIC DISEASE IS LARGELY PREVENTABLE THROUGH LIFESTYLE CHOICES
- Physical inactivity alone is estimated to cause 27% of cases of diabetes and about 30% of ischaemic heart disease cases.
- 80% of the cases of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and respiratory disease are preventable through physical activity, healthy eating, abstaining from tobacco, and avoiding abuse of alcohol.
- Physical activity has been shown to lower elevated blood pressure, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, help control weight, strengthen bones and muscles, improve mental health and mood, and increase longevity.
- Only 15% of Canadian adults achieve the recommended level of physical activity
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES ARE COMMON IN THE WORKPLACE
- Approximately 25% of Americans say that stress has a very strong or strong impact on their physical or mental health.
- Approximately 80% of people with depression report some level of functional impairment, and 27% report serious difficulties at work and home life. Within a 3-month period, depressed workers miss an average of 4.8 workdays and suffer an additional 11.5 days of reduced productivity.
- Lockheed Martin estimated that the prevalence of depression among its employees to be 13.9%, resulting in a productivity loss of 7.6%, or $3420 per depressed employee.
COST OF ABSENTEEISM
- Absenteeism – In Canada, it is estimated that the direct costs of absenteeism is equivalent to 2.4% of the total national payroll, or approximately $1600 per employee per year. The average worker is absent 9-10 days per year.
- The U.S. Department of Labor estimates an absence rate due to illness of 1.9%.
COST OF PREENTEEISM
- The business impact of presenteeism can be significant, and often exceed those of absenteeism. For example, using objective measures, U.S.-based Bank One found presenteeism to account for 63% of the total health related costs related to employee illness.
Differentiate you from the competition with a validated program that delivers high participation rates, positive feedback, and measurable results.
We provide a fully integrated solution with a web-based platform that includes, health assessments, biometrics, individual health challenges, team health challenges, tracking, daily tips, social networking, and analytics to track results for the individual and the company.
Measurable and clinically meaningful improvements in both physical and mental health metrics based on validated assessments.
Healthier employees engaged in a comprehensive health program that makes a real difference in their lives. Happy employers using a fully integrated solution that is easy to implement while improving the lives of their employees and the productivity of their company.